1. DATA CONTROLLERS
YIT Corporation (business ID 0112650-2)
Contact information of the head office:
P.O. Box 36,
SIA “YIT LATVIJA”
Uniform registration number (VRN) 40003377087,
Vienības gatve 109, Riga, LV-1058
YIT Corporation is responsible for processing of personal data at YIT Group level on the legal basis and for the purposes defined in this Policy, including Group level marketing and sales; use of services, financial and other administration and business management; customer and supplier relationship management; analysis and development of products, services, customer and supplier relationship and businesses.
2. CONTACT POINTS FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
You can contact YIT Corporation by emailing a request to: email@example.com.
You can also contact SIA “YIT LATVIJA” by emailing a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data are processed for:
- fulfilling data subject’s request for information before signing an agreement (reservation agreement, preliminary agreement or purchase agreement). When processing personal data, the requested information shall be sent to the data subject via the technical means indicated by the data subject;
- preparation of a reservation agreement and/or preliminary agreement;
- verification of the origin of the funds to be invested by the data subject in accordance with the requirements of the Law on the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism and Proliferation Financing, upon conclusion of the preliminary agreement;
- preparation of a statement of apartment inspection;
- preparation of a purchase agreement with annexes;
- providing personal data to a notary public for preparation of an application for registration to the Land Register;
- preparation of a statement of transfer and acceptance of the apartment;
- contacting the data subject in order to comply with the data subject’s requests relating to the conclusion or performance of the agreement;
- servicing the data subject during the guarantee period;
- sending the data subject’s personal data to the manager of the residential building where the apartment property was purchased;
- getting the consent of the data subject for direct marketing;
- promotional sweepstakes and contests;
- organization of data subject satisfaction surveys and opinion polls;
- detection of criminal offences;
- analysing, profiling, segmentation, and statistics for the purposes described above.
4. DATA SUBJECTS AND CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA:
The controllers process the following categories of personal data:
- basic information of the data subject, including name, surname, personal ID number, year of birth, gender, native language, profession, declared place of residence, e-mail address, phone number, bank account number. The data subject chooses preferred way of communication. Other personal data contained in the evidence of origin of the funds may also be processed in order to verify the origin of the funds invested by the data subject, as required by the Law on the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism and Proliferation Financing;
- marketing data – data subject’s wishes and interests, such as types and characteristics of the desired real property, geographical locations, size, number of real properties owned, other information that the data subject has provided and consents to being used in order to receive offers from the controllers;
- data subject account data – term of data subject relationship and the factual background to the establishment and termination of the relationship; data on concluded agreements, including information on the progress of performance of the agreements, data subject feedback and complaints, correspondence with the data subject, marketing research; other communications; data on payment of issued invoices;
- data subject performance analysis data, such as data subject marketing segments and profiles derived from the data described above and from data from regular sources by using analytics and patterns, such as calculating potential interests of the user/customer or otherwise segmenting the user/customer to specific a group of users.
5. SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
The data controller SIA YIT LATVIJA obtains personal data directly from the data subject when the data subject completes a questionnaire before entering into an agreement. The identity of the data subject is verified by the data controller by checking an identity document. Additional personal data necessary for the controller to verify the origin of the data subject’s funds are obtained by the controller from publicly accessible databases, such as Lursoft, State Revenue Service.
6. DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF DATA
Personal data are only transferred to notaries public for the purpose of preparing applications for registration in accordance with the agreement on purchase of real property. A clause on the transfer of data to a notary public is included in the preliminary agreement on purchase of real property concluded with the data subject.
Personal data are not transferred outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA).
7. DATA PROTECTION AND RETENTION
Access to personal data is limited to employees of the controllers who have an employment relationship directly related to the performance of their duties. Digital data are protected by firewalls, passwords and other technical means. Documents in paper form containing personal data are stored in locked cabinets protected by access controls.
8. ACCESS, RECTIFICATION AND OTHER RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
Data subjects have the right to know what kind of personal data have been collected and processed by the controllers. At the data subject’s request, the controllers will correct, erase (except in cases where erasure is not permitted by laws and regulations) or supplement inaccurate, unnecessary, incomplete or outdated personal data.
Data subjects have the right to withdraw their consent to the use of data for direct marketing by sending a written notice to the company e-mail address: email@example.com.
The data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of personal data with the Data State Inspectorate by sending it to the Elijas iela 17, Riga, LV 1050 or electronically to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.